- WEARING A SMART WATCH WITH YOUR SUIT: the smart watch like the Apple Watch is “sporty” and not for a conservative, classy suit look. So leave that smart watch for the casual wears or sporty wears. Go with something simple like a simple leather watch or a basic chain watch. The suit look is a holistic look; no part of it can be off or everything goes wrong.
- LEAVING THE HAND LABEL OR TAG STICHING ON THE SUIT JACKET: this is an unforgivable or more put, “ capital” offence in the suit world. What is more hilarious is that a lot of guys think this is a style or just a way of letting the world know you just got a new suit. Please don’t!
- DO AWAY WITH THE PLENTY ACCESSORIES: a suit is known for its classy and simple look. Cut down on the many accessories accompanying the suitlike wrist bands, wrist chains, bracelets, neck chains, so many rings. This is out rageous. Accessories are good and are a good fit for a suit but your selection must be moderate and simple.
- FITTING: your suit must be the right size. It shoud neither be too tight nor too large; it MUST be just right. The end of the trousers must be well cut and not relaxing so mush on your foot wear, that’s just weird. Keep it fit; keep it bespoke.
- WEARING A BLACK SUIT WITH A BROWN SHOE: NO! The brown shoe is not for the black suit.
- THE WALLET: The classy and simple look of a suit must go with a matching simple light wallet. I see a lot of guys with heavy looking wallets bulging from the back pockets of their suit trousers, sometimes not so “cashy” inside. I recommend a light, flat mostly black coloured wallet which can fit conveniently in the chest pocket of your suit jacket.
- THE BUTTONS: do not, I repeat do not button the entire button of your suit jacket especially a 3 button suit. It is not a good look on you and waters down that classy look. Always leave the second button open for a two button suit and only the middle button closed for a three button suit.
- BIG TIES ARE OUT DATED! Keep your ties trimmed and slim.
Subscribe for latest News